Dr. Ikbal Ansary
- M.A. in English from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (2013)
- Ph.D from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (2020)
Teaching Experience/Academic Position
- Worked as Assistant Professor and Head, Department of English, Kabikankan Mukundaram Mahavidyalaya, Keshabpur, Hooghly from 25.04.2017 to 15.02.2021.
- Joined as Assistant Professor at Berhampore Girls’ College on 15.02.2021.
PG Teaching Experience:
- As Assistant Professor (Contractual), Department of English, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh from 02.01.2017 to 20.03.2017.
- As Assistant Professor at Berhampore Girls’ College, Berhampore, Murshidabad from 15.02.2021.
- UGC JRF in 2014 & UGC NET in 2013.
- WBSET in 2015.
My Doctoral Research (Ph.D) work was based on “Emerging Co-texts and Evolving Contexts: History and Contemporary Politics in Select Translated Indian Plays”, Supervisor- Professor Vibha Sharma.
Area of Interests: Partition Literature, Indian Drama, Postcolonial Studies, Neoliberalism
Number of Publications: 05
02- Journals, 03- Edited Books
- Ansary, Ikbal. “India and Parallel Life: Delineating Contemporary Politics in G P Deshpande’s A Passage to Darkness”. GNOSIS, Vol. 2 No. 3, April 2016, pp. 132-141. (ISSN 2394-0131)
- Ansary, Ikbal. “The Final Consummation: A Structuralist Study of Motherhood in Mahasweta Devi’s Mother of 1084 and Synge’s Riders to the Sea.” RJELAL, Vol. 3.2.2015 (Apr-June), pp. 229-234. (ISSN 2395-2636)
Articles in Edited Books:
- Ansary, Ikbal. “Frailty thy Name Is Marriage: Unearthing Bondage in Bharati Mukherjee’s Wife.” Reading Literature through Feminist Lens: Theory and Praxis, edited by Subashish Bhattacharjee, Saikat Guha and Mandika Sinha, AuthorsPress (New Delhi), 2015. (ISBN: 978-93-5207-118-0)
- Ansary, Ikbal. “Critiquing Life in Badal Sircar’s Evam Indrajit.” Debilitation of Ethics, Values and Identity in the Postmodern Indian English Literature, edited by Abdus Sattar and Eeshan Ali, Authors Press, 2016. (ISBN 978-93-5207-254-5)
- Ansary, Ikbal. “Bravely Fought the Manly Queen: Constructing Other in Bravely Fought the Queen.” Studies in Mahesh Dattani’s Bravely Fought The Queen, edited by Eeshan Ali, Books Way, 2014. (ISBN 978-93-81672-84-6)
Paper Presentations in Seminars/Conferences
- Presented paper titled “Projecting Political Crisis and Unflinching Ideology in G P Deshpande’s A Man in Dark Times at the XIVth International Conference of Indian Society for Theatre Research (ISTR), organized by Department of Performing Arts (Film and Theatre), Mahatma Gandhi Antarashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Wardha, Maharashtra from 15-27 January 2018.
- Presented paper entitled “A Far Cry from Bangladesh: Birangana in Liberation War” on 11th May 2018 at One Day International Seminar on ‘The Bangladesh Liberation War: A Retrospect’ organized by Department of History, Raja Rammohun Roy Mahavidyalaya, Radhanagar, Hooghly in collaboration with Centre for Bangladesh Studies, Rabindra Bharati University.
- Presented paper titled “Evolution of Revolution: A Humanistic Study of Utpal Dutt’s Jatra Pala” at the XIIIth International Conference of ISTR organized by CEC, AMU, Aligarh from 23-25 January 2017.
- Presented a paper with Dr. Sk Jahir Abbas entitled “Techniques of Translation: A Paradigmatic Study of Chandradhar Sharma Guleri’s Usne Kaha Tha” at the National Seminar on ‘Remapping Translation: 1857 and After’ organized by Department of English, AMU from 4-5 March 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “Power Scheming Pandemonium: A study of Utpal Dutt’s Hunting the Sun” at the International Conference on ‘English Studies: The Evolving Paradigms of Employability and Power’ organized by Amity University, Lucknow Campus from 18-19 February 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “The Spectre of Parallel Living: Capturing India Today in G P Deshpande’s A Passage to Darkness” at the XIIth International Conference of ISTR organized by Directorate of Art and Culture, Govt. of Goa from 28-30 January 2016.
- Secretary, Teachers’ Council, Kabikankan Mukundaram Mahavidyalaya, Keshabpur, Hooghly
- Convener, NAAC Sub-committee, Kabikankan Mukundaram Mahavidyalaya, Keshabpur, Hooghly
- Member, Purchase Committee, Kabikankan Mukundaram Mahavidyalaya, Keshabpur, Hooghly
- Nodal Officer, Minority Cell, Kabikankan Mukundaram Mahavidyalaya, Keshabpur, Hooghly
- Convener, Academic Sub Committee, Kabikankan Mukundaram Mahavidyalaya, Keshabpur, Hooghly
- Joint Convener, Library Sub-committee, Kabikankan Mukundaram Mahavidyalaya, Keshabpur, Hooghly
- Examiner of Relevant Papers under The University of Burdwan.